De La Salle University is offering the Star Scholarship in the Philippines to make students’ higher education affordable.
The program’s goal is to give financial assistance to domestic students starting undergraduate and graduate programs at the University.
The University was founded in 1911 as De La Salle College. It is a private, Catholic research university in Manila, Philippines, run by the De La Salle Brothers.
Why are you at De La Salle University? It is a prominent learner-centered and research university that bridges faith and scholarship, is committed to environmental sustainability, and serves the Church and society, particularly the poor and oppressed.
Throughout their time at the University, scholars will get a full waiver of tuition, miscellaneous, and laboratory expenses. They also receive a monthly stipend of Php 10,500 to cover transportation, books, other academic-related materials, and school activities, as well as an allowance for their living expenses.
- Course Level: Undergraduate and graduate
- Application Deadline: Open for 2020
- Organization: De La Salle University
- Department: NA
- Award: full waiver on tuition and monthly stipend of Php 10,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the Philippines
Eligibility for Star Scholarship at De La Salle University Philippines
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open from the Philippines.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject that the University offers.
- Eligibility Criteria: The program provides an integrated undergraduate and graduate scholarship to high-achieving students from around the country.
- How to Apply for the Star Scholarship: To apply for the award, candidates are advised to register for the bachelor’s or master’s degree program at the University.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants have to submit passport-size photos, an original copy of a transcript of records, an original NSO/PSA birth certificate, two letters of recommendation, and a personal statement containing academic and career objectives.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have taken the SAT the year before applying to DLSU and Grade Point Average (HSGPA) should at least be 80%.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must be proficient in writing and speaking the English language.