The University of Tasmania is a fully funded scholarship for international students that is accepting applications for its Graduate Research Scholarships(TGRS) in 2022. The Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship is open for outstanding international students to apply for the research Masters or Ph.D. in their area of interest across the University.
If you want to pursue higher education in Australia, you should not miss this great opportunity. In this article, Naijadailys will explain in detail the University of Tasmania Scholarship, its criteria, its benefits, and step by step application process.
The Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships are awarded throughout the year to high-quality students. However, interested applicants should review college-specific closing rounds for these scholarships before applying. The TGRS provides full-tuition fees cover for the recipients, living support for up 2 years for Masters by research, and 3.5 for Ph.D. programs.
Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships overview
Scholarship type: Full tuition cover
Scholarship stipends Value: AUD $28,597 per annum (2022 rate), Fortnight stipend payment
Degree program: Masters/Ph.D. research
Number of Awards: Multiple
Field of study: Open to all fields of study across the University
Duration: Ph.D.: 3.5 years with no extension available. Masters: 2 years with no extension available.
Host: Tasmania University
Application Deadline: Open all year round
Note*Applications for the University of Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships (TGRS) are accepted all throughout the year, however, each college has a specific definition for its degree programs, applicants are therefore encouraged to review the college-specific scholarship closing dates for each round before applying. Two rounds are currently open(rounds 2 and 3).
Colleges and the specific deadline for TGRS 2022
Round 3, for 2023 intake application. (last round in 2022 for 2023 entry)
Application Deadline: 10th October 2022
Colleges and research degree programs at the University of Tasmania
College of Arts, Law, and Education (CALE). Some courses offer include:
1. School of Creative Arts and Media
- Faculty of Education
- School of Humanities
- Faculty of Law
- School of Social Sciences
2. College of Health & Medicine (CHM)
Some courses offer include:
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- School of Psychological Sciences
- Menzies Institute for Medical Research
- Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre
3. College of Sciences & Engineering (COSE)
Some courses offer in this college include:
- Australian Maritime College
- Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Technology, Environments, and Design
- Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture
4. College of Business & Economics (COBE)
Eligibility criteria for the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships
To be eligible for the University of Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships (TGRS)2022, interested applicants must be able to meet the University of Tasmania course entry requirements and English language proficiency.
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Successful applicants must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and have achieved at least an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent.
- Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a full-time research Masters or Doctoral degree in 2022.
- Candidates must not be receiving another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program (if that income is greater than seventy-five per cent of the base RTP stipend rate).
- Income unrelated to the applicant’s Higher Degree by Research (e.g. employment income) or income received for the candidate’s Higher Degree by Research but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Applicants who have completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level; and/or held an Australian Government or University funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than 6 months are eligible to apply and will be considered in the competitive selection process but will not be prioritized against other applicants who have not.
The University of Tasmania Scholarship will provide:
- Stipend: AUD $28,597 per annum (2021 rate). This rate is indexed annually on 1st January.
- Relocation allowance: The TGRS provides an allowance to assist with costs associated with relocating to Tasmania to undertake a Higher Degree by Research up to AUD $2,000.
- Other allowances: Award holders may also receive minor awards, allowances or other earnings which are supplementary to the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship, or income derived from part-time work undertaken within the guidelines set by the University.
How to apply for the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships
To apply, applicants must make sure they meet the minimum entry requirements for their chosen degree program at the University of Tasmania. Visit the University of Tasmania how to apply page for details on the application procedure for a research degree program at the University of Tasmania.
International applicants can make inquiries via the following medium:
Phone: +61 3 6226 6200
Online inquiry form or
Through respective colleges:
- College of Arts, Law, and Education
- College of Health and Medicine
- College of Sciences and Engineering
- Tasmanian School of Business and Economics
To know more about the University of Tasmania Scholarship:
please visit the Tasmania University official website for further details on the scholarship.