Edmonds Community College is located in Lynnwood, Washington. It was founded in 1967 and offers certificate and degree programs in its numerous disciplines. Lynwood’s campus spans over 50 acres and includes 28 computer labs, 9 science labs, 3 cafés, 2 greenhouses, a digital recording studio, an art gallery, a theater, a child care center, and a gym.
Unlike other colleges, which only offer certificates and degrees for all programs, the college was approved in 2017 to provide a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies. This is the university’s first Bachelor’s degree program. Accounting, Allied Health Education, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, and more majors are available at the college.
The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities accredits the college, and the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges governs it. Academic achievement, student success, and community involvement are essential values. There is no doubt about the college’s commitment to the achievement of its students.
With estimated tuition of $4,107, Edmonds Community College is affordable to both low-income earners and middle-class families.
Why choose Edmonds community college?
Some of the reasons why Edmonds Community College should be at the top of your list of Washington community colleges are as follows:
- Tuition is relatively inexpensive at Edmonds College when compared to other community institutions. Low and middle-income families can easily afford it with just $4,107 per year.
- With 28 computer laboratories, 9 scientific labs, 3 eateries, 2 greenhouses, a digital recording studio, an art gallery, a theater, a child care center, and a gym, the campus has succeeded in providing essential needs at the student’s doorstep.
- High transfer rate: With a transfer rate of 36%, the college is ideal for students looking to continue their education after completing the two-year program. According to a Seattle Times research, community college transfer students at Washington’s universities are more likely to complete their Bachelor’s degree than students at other colleges.
- The college has 46% workforce training and 11% immediate skill acquisition, according to statistics. This simply indicates that the college has all of the resources necessary to train its pupils.
- Tuition reductions for veterans and their dependents: The college is obligated to waive tuition for the child, spouse, or domestic partner of a veteran or national guard who was disabled while serving, was declared to be a prisoner of war by the guard or died while serving.
Requirements for Waiver of Tuition/Fee
- A disability letter approved by the govt
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate of dependent
- Also, the Service member’s death certificated (if the veteran died in active service)
Edmonds Community College Admission requirements
- Transcripts: high school experience is not required, however, may get credit for classes already taken. Official transcripts for every academic year completed will be submitted to the school. If the transcript is not in English, a translated copy will be submitted
- English proficiency requirements: students are given an assessment on English to know the particular class to place them.
- Graduation requirements: to complete the high school programs, students will be required to pass classes and take the necessary exams required. Successful students will be given a high school diploma that meets the requirement of Washington state.
- Students who can provide the following official scores will be guaranteed to enter the high school program during their first quarter at Edmonds College.
- International TOEFL 480 PBT, 54 IBT, 157 CBT
- Edmonds College Institutional TOEFL 480
- IELTS Overall Band Score of 5.0 with at least 5.0 in each band
- ITEP Level 4
Admission Requirement for International Students
Edmonds’ inclusiveness of foreigners is undeniable, with 1215 international students from 64 countries. However, there are some requirements for entrance to the college, which are as follows:
Minimum age: The applicant must be at least 16 years old. Applicants who are 15 years old and have completed high school or its equivalent can, nonetheless, be admitted.
English proficiency; admittance does not require a score on an English proficiency exam.
The application form is available on the Edmonds Community College website.
Edmond Community College Canvas
Canvas is Edmonds Community College’s Learning Management System (LMS) for online, hybrid, and web-enhanced classes. It is used for assignments, grade checking, student cooperation, and other purposes. Canvas is Edmonds College’s digital classroom. In addition, Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS) that provides teachers with a versatile collection of tools for managing course materials, assignments, student information, and course communications.
Edmond Community College jobs
Available job openings in Edmonds Community College include:
- Campus Security Officer
- Custodian – Part-Time Hourly
- Executive Assistant to the VP for Finance & Operations
- Family Advocate (Head Start & ECEAP)
- Foundation – Director of Finance
- HR Consultant 1
- Associate faculty in various departments
- Part-Time Program Assistant – Enrollment Services
- Maintenance and Custodial Coordinator – Housing and Residence Life
- Line Cook – Part Time
Edmond Community College Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to 3 sets of students in the form of tuition waivers. The scholarships are:
- New Student College or High School Scholarship ($1,000); The new student scholarship is applicable to first-time students in Edmonds. Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript of their last school in the English language showing at least one term go grade with a minimum of 3.3GPA. they don’t accept test scores i.e. TOEFL or IGSCE.
- Intensive ESL to College or High School Scholarship ($300): For the intensive ESL to college or high school scholarship, applicants must have completed level 5 of the IESL program and preparing to transfer to a college or high Scholl program. Below are the requirements for eligibility for this scholarship:
– Transcripts showing intensive ESL grades
– A copy of your class registration schedule showing a minimum of 12 credits
– And lastly, A minimum of 3.5GPA
- College or High School Merit Scholarship ($300): Applicants must enroll in a high school or college course for a college or high school merit scholarship. Requirements are;
– submission of Edmond’s unofficial transcripts
– a grade not less than 3.5GPA
– lastly, the current copy of their registration schedule shows a minimum of 12 credit
All documents must show the student’s name and SID number for eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be an international student with an f1/f2 visa
Scholarships are applied for on the school’s official website. In conclusion, make sure to fill out the scholarship that applies to you.
Frequently asked questions
How far is Edmond Oklahoma from Oklahoma City community college
30 min (22.5 mi) via I-44 E and US-77 N.