Swansea university is giving out International scholarship awards worth £6000 to students who are eligible and have performed excellently in their academics.
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent teaching and research, matched by an enviable quality of life.
Our stunning waterfront campuses make us a desirable location for students and staff from around the world, and our multicultural community provides a global perspective, enabling those who join us to develop skills and knowledge that set them on successful and enriching careers.
Why study in Swansea university?
If a robust student life is at the top of your international studies destination wish list, you’ll find it at Swansea University. The Swansea University Students’ Union ranks among the UK’s top 10.
Furthermore, Swansea University is also known for offering some of the UK’s most affordable student housing.
From the time you meet a representative at a university fair or speak to someone regarding your queries through email or call you become a part of the family.
So, you can sit back and relax as you decide to study at Swansea University as the staff here are friendly, enthusiastic and very supportive.
If they can’t help you, they will always be able to signpost you to the right place. They aren’t only there for support, but some are also there for having a chat and a cuppa.
Eligibility and criteria
- Applicants must be non UK/EU nationals and classed as overseas fee payers. If the fee status of the applicant changes after the scholarship application is made, then the University will need to remove the scholarship.
- Applicants must have applied for and received an offerto study at Swansea University at Undergraduate or Master’s level.
- Students studying for a PhD, MPhil, Masters by Research, Graduate Diploma in Law, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate or Erasmus Mundus programme are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students on BSc, BA, BEng, LLB, MEng, MSci, MSc,MPharm, MBBCh, MA, LLM, MRes (not the same as Masters by Research) are eligible.
- Students progressing from ‘The College Swansea University’ and students currently studying at the University are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Alumni are eligible to apply. Other terms and conditions apply with regards to other awards open to alumni, which may result in an award not being made in the full amount, or at all.
- Applicants must have demonstrated excellence in their academic performance to date and be able to show what they will achieve at Swansea University in their application.
- Applicants must be self-funded i.e. not in receipt of funding from their home country / sponsor body, or external third party organisation. If funding is confirmed after the scholarship is awarded, then the University reserves the right to remove it according to this condition.
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees only and cannot be used for any other purpose.
- The scholarship will be applied to the course fees for the academic year stated in the offer letter.
- If an offer for a course is deferred, then an applicant must reapply for the scholarship, unless there are exceptional circumstances, to be confirmed by the University.
- Applicants must request the scholarship deferral in addition to the course start date referral. It will not be automatic.
- Successful candidates will have their tuition fee levied at enrolment. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their deposit
- Successful undergraduate applicants awarded the maximum (£4000) International Excellence Scholarship in the first year, who achieve 65% and above in their first year of study will be eligible for a further £2,000 in year two.
- International Excellence Scholarships are available for the first year only of a one year postgraduate degree programme. Two year masters with industry are not eligible for any scholarship in their industry year.
- The International Scholarship Committee may use whatever means of assessment it thinks most appropriate in order to determine which candidates are worthy of recommendation for the award of a scholarship.
- Applicants can be in receipt of an International Excellence Scholarship in addition to a scholarship or bursary awarded by another department in the University, subject to the those eligibility, terms and conditions also allowing.
- The combined scholarship amounts cannot exceed £6000, therefore the IDO will not make an award in addition to any other University award, which will amount to more than this. This include staff awards where 50% tuition fee discount is applied.
- If it is deemed necessary for a Scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held on university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis.
- If, in the view of the appropriate Head of School, a Scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the Scholarship may be withdrawn. A Scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the Award.
- The candidate may be required to repay to the University any award that has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee.
- Having accepted an award, should a Scholarship holder withdraw from the University, the holder will be liable to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding committee, and it may be that applicants are awarded a scholarship of a higher or lower amount to the one for which you may have originally applied.
It should be noted that the International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
How to apply for Swansea university International scholarship ;
- Click the link below
- Download and fill the form after going through the terms and conditions
- Send your filled form to email@example.com