The Romania Government is giving out scholarship to talented international students who have made their marks globally through their academics.
This scholarship is endorse through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the ministry of Education. It provides an excellent opportunity to citizens from non-EU countries.
Also this scholarship is opened to those who are exceptional intelligent and have performed brilliantly in their academics over the years. They should have a score of at least 7 good grades (similar to the Romania education system).
furthermore, the Romania Government scholarship aim at revitalizing teaching methods, progressive and effective learning and also creating opportunities for international students in a “fee free space”.
additionally, applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture.
However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school.
So, are you academically capable?, are you a seeker of academically knowledge but is financially unstable to further acquire them? do you feel you have what it takes to take on this challenge?, then this scholarship is for “You”.
Romania Government Scholarship Benefit
Getting accommodation abroad is one of the most stressful and difficult thing especially for an international students who fond themselves in foreign countries.
Romania Government scholarship have crossed out this difficulty and stress filled issue by providing accommodation for the students.
Furthermore, this privilege comes without any fee attached.
Free tuition fee
Similarly, this scholarship award grants free access to education which include other educational facilities.
Additionally, your healthy living is guaranteed as all health and hospitals expenses are taken care of in case of infection or illness.
The scholarship gives monthly stipends out to successful applicants.
They grant monthly financial aid, as follows:
- 65 EURO, for undergraduate and the preparatory year students
- 75 EURO, for master students,
- 85 EURO, for PhD students.
All in ”lei” (the Romanian currency).
Please note :
The scholarships do not cover the costs of international transport and those of domestic transport from the Romanian border crossing point to the university.
Therefore, Candidates must prepare for the personal financial support of the additional costs.
Eligibility and criteria for the Romania Government scholarship
listed below are the criteria and eligibility for this scholarship:
- Applicants from all countries may apply, except for those from EU member states.
- All Applicants must submit their current academic documents from an accredited institution.
- Candidates must submit their applications within the enrolment period.
- All fields are open for applicants except pharmacy, dentistry, and medicine.
- Romanian language courses will be required of candidates who lack the necessary fluency in Romanian.
- Candidates must not be more than 35 years of age for Bachelor & Master Studies and 45 Years Respectively for Doctoral Studies or for postgraduate studies.
How to apply for Romania Government Scholarship
Follow these steps to apply :
- You can submit your scholarship application ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
- You can access the platform at studyinromania.gov.ro by clicking on the Apply for MFA Scholarships button, or directly at scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro
- To apply you will need to create an account on the Study in Romania platform, fill out the required data, and upload the required documents.
- Documents needed include:
- Copies of the diplomas obtained (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate degree, if applicable) and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent document) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae in English or French in the required format, and for the doctoral cycle also a letter of intent from the applicant in English, French, Spanish or Romanian.
- Do not send documents via email or directly to the MFA or to the MNE
Visit the official website for more information