The University of Calgary Scholarship 2023–2024 is a fully financed scholarship for international students.
International first-year students in any undergraduate degree program are eligible for a $20,000 (annually renewable) scholarship.
In this article, I will talk about the Scholarship, its advantages, eligibility and show you how to apply.
About The University of Calgary Scholarships
The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a distinguished prize that honors an international student who is commencing their undergraduate studies and has achieved exceptional success.
The University provides its students with a top-notch education that equips them for success in life as well as research that tackles society’s most pressing problems.
Furthermore, the scholarship covers these faculties;
- Faculty of Science.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Business.
- Faculty of Environmental Design.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Faculty of Social work.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- School of Education.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Nursing.
Click here to see other faculties and more information.
The scholarship benefits include;
- Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship: $20,000 (Renewable).
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship: $20,000 (Renewable).
Please note that the scholarship funds depend on the type of scholarship given to you.
To be eligible for this scholarship as an applicant, you must fulfill the following criteria. The criteria include;
English is a required language.
All nations in the world are eligible.
1. Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship:
- Offered every year to one overseas student starting their first year of a bachelor’s degree program at the University of Calgary.
- At the University of Calgary, the scholarship is renewable in the second, third, and fourth years as long as the beneficiaries maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 over a minimum of 24.00 units for the prior fall and winter terms.
- Quality in academics.
- Need for money.
- Must have completed high school in China, including Hong Kong and Macau, at an accredited institution
- Preference will be given to a student entering a bachelor’s program in engineering, business, health sciences, or urban studies.
2. University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship:
- Offered every year to international undergraduate students who have met the university’s English language proficiency criteria and are beginning their first year of any undergraduate degree in the forthcoming autumn semester. If awardees maintain a GPA of 2.60 or higher over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms, and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an
- international student, the award is renewable in the second, third, and fourth years at the University of Calgary.
- Academic merit for international students who must pay a premium fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.
How To Apply For University of Calgary Scholarships
Follow the steps below to apply for this scholarship;
- Apply for your undergraduate program at the university. You can begin your application. Make a UCalgary eID first.
- You can help yourself with your application by using the application guide.
- Submit your application and pay the $145 application fee.
- They will inform you in your Calgary Student Center how and where to submit any necessary documentation based on your application. For further information, go to the papers page.
- Utilize your myUofC portal to access your Student Center.
- Click on the “My Financials” page in your Student Center.
- Click “Apply for Undergraduate Awards” under the Awards & Scholarships heading after scrolling down to that section. Make sure pop-ups are turned on. The page won’t show if popups are disabled.
- Your screen will pop up a popup displaying any open or recently closed applications.
- Be mindful of the dates when applications are available and when they must be submitted.