The University of Groningen is a public educational institution that was established in 1614 and is located in the Netherlands. The University of Groningen houses eleven faculties, nine graduate schools, 27 research centers and institutes, and over 175-degree programs.
The university is termed the second oldest university in the Netherlands and the best in the country as well.
Eric Bleumink scholarship is an initiative of the University of Groningen in the Netherland Which is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, the City of Talent.
Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
The Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their master’s in Holland.
Why study at the University of Groningen?
Studying at Groningen could be fun as the city of Groningen itself boasts of remarkable student life, and it ranked one of the best student cities as it is very hospitable to students from all over the world.
The Netherlands is an open country that offers a place for international students to be creative and innovative in their ideas and also be able to implement those ideas for use in the appropriate places.
The university thus offers a multicultural atmosphere in which students can develop an understanding of the course content and respect the different backgrounds of fellow peers. The courses are all taught in English.
Benefits Attached to the University of Groningen scholarship
Below are the benefits derived from this scholarship:
- The grant is awarded for a 1 year or 2 years Master’s degree program.
- The grant covers:
- tuition fee.
- costs of international travel.
- books, and
- health insurance.
a considerable number of students apply for this scholarship each year, whereas the University can issue only a limited number of grants.
Eligibility criteria for this grant
- To be considered for the Eric Bleumink Fund Scholarship, the student needs to be admitted to one of the Master’s programmes before the annual deadline of December 1st.
- It is important to visit the official website of the scholarship before applying.
- Excellent academic performance, preferably to be confirmed by letters of recommendation.
- Have excellent grades during their bachelor/undergraduate studies.
- English language proficiency Should be excellent, in accordance with the admission requirements of the program of choice.
- They must be available for the whole period of the programme and be able to take part in the entire programme.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Must have no other means of financing the study in question.
How to apply
- The University of Groningen Admission Office, in consultation with the Admission Boards of its faculties, will determine which applicants will be nominated for an Eric Bleumink Fund scholarship.
- Only applicants who have received a provisional or unconditional admission offer for a master’s program before February can thus be considered.
- In order to allow for enough time to process the application to a master program by the Admission Office, such a master application should be completed by the applicant before the 1st of December.
Eligible countries include :
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Tanzania, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Timor-Leste, Sudan (Rep.), Congo (Dem Rep.), South Sudan, Central African Republic, Zambia, Armenia, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Congo (Rep.), Congo, El Salvador, Ghana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kosovo, Korea, Dem. Rep., Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nigeria, Vietnam, Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
Is your country among this list?, then click this link to get started