The Shanghai University is pleased to solicit applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. Students 2019-2020. Eligible candidates are urged to act quickly and submit an application for this fully funded course of study in China.
See also The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
About The Shanghai Government Scholarship
The Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship, which was established in 2006, intends to promote the growth of international education in Shanghai and attract more and better-qualified foreign scholars and students to its universities.
The Scholarship is a component of the government’s social responsibilities to pay tuition for foreign students studying in China.
Additionally, the Shanghai government offers it specifically to foreign students who are studying there. Additionally, it comes in two types: type A and type B.
exclusively for students enrolled in undergraduate preparatory courses, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees. Additionally, it is a full scholarship that covers everything—tuition, free housing, accident insurance, and living expenses.
This kind is primarily for people who are working toward a degree. This scholarship only covers tuition accident insurance, making it a partial award.
You may also like Louisiana State University – Ranking, Courses and Admission
The Scholarship Benefits
The scholarships benefits include;
- Complete Scholarship.
- A fee waiver for school.
- Free housing in dorms on campus
- Stipend: RMB 1100 for a bachelor’s degree, RMB 1700 for a master’s, and RMB 2100 for a doctorate.
- For international students studying in China, a comprehensive medical insurance and protection scheme.
- Partial Financial Aid.
- In addition, a Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme.
Further read The Chevening scholarship For international students 2023
Eligibility For The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must fulfil the following criteria;
- You must be a healthy non-Chinese national.
- You must not be enrolled in Chinese universities as a degree candidate at the time of application.
- Must be a recent high school graduate to be eligible to apply for undergraduate programs.
- A master’s degree holder who wants to pursue a doctorate must be under 40 years old.
- You must be under 35 and hold a bachelor’s degree. This is a requirement for master’s degree applications.
exceptional achievement in both academics and extracurricular activities without receiving any of the other scholarships provided by the Chinese government.
- You must be fluent in Chinese, at least at level 4, and be able to read, interpret, and speak it (a new Chinese proficiency test certificate is required).
- Additionally, you must adhere to both professional regulations and the language criteria for the applicant institution’s language of teaching.
- The must be eligible to apply for organizations and rules governing their profession.
- Additionally, you cannot hold multiple Chinese government scholarships at once.
Check also, The University of Virginia- Courses, rankings and Programs
How To Apply
To apply for this scholarship, follow the few easy steps below;
- Complete the online application process at SGS Online Application System.
- Select SGS Online Application System.
- Apply immediately to the college or major of your choice by logging onto the “Study in Shanghai” website.