The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is accepting applications from students who want to pursue joint master’s degrees. Furthermore, this opportunity is open to all international students who fulfill the eligibility criteria for this scholarship.
About the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023
Erasmus Mundus scholarship includes master’s level, high-level, integrated study programs. They are created and delivered by an international collaboration of institutions of higher learning.
Furthermore, they feature at least three HEI from three different nations, at least two of which must be EU Member States or other nations that are affiliated with the Program.
The EU seeks to promote the excellence and globalization of the participating institutions by funding these jointly recognized Master’s degrees.
In addition, scholarships are also available for students to participate in these esteemed programs; the masters themselves provide them to the most competitive applicants globally.
The scholarship benefits include;
- Full tuition-free coverage
- Cost of research and thesis activities
- 1000 Euros installation cost coverage
- Placement activities costs
- Insurance packages
- Free library access
- Laboratory fees coverage
- 9000 euros participation funds (for partners countries scholar) and 4500 euros (for program countries scholar)
- Coverage of travel fees and travel allowances
- Monthly allowances
- And other vital expenditures coverage
The criteria for applying for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship includes;
- Candidates must have have earned their first degree from an institution of higher education or be able to show that they have attained a level of learning that is recognized as equivalent under applicable national laws and regulations.
- Consequently, in order to begin the program in 2023, scholarship candidates must acquire a degree from an institution of higher learning before January 15, 2023.
- Students who have already received an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) scholarship or who previously received an Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship are not eligible to receive another scholarship under the EMJMD initiative.
- In addition, EMJMD scholarship recipients are not eligible for additional EU grants while they are enrolled in EMJMD courses.
- Candidate must be part of the eligible countries for this scholarship. Students from program nations will get up to 25% of all available scholarships.
- The monthly sustenance stipend is not available to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for EMJMD durations longer than three months (about the equivalent of 15ECTS credits).
- Candidates from partner countries who have spent more than a cumulative total of 12 months engaging in their primary activity (studying, working, etc.) in any of the project countries will be considered to have met the 12-month norm (EU Plus Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland).
- Any application must be submitted entirely and before the deadline to be considered. Use the menu on the left to find the required papers.
You may also like Jarvis Scholarship at University of Hertfordshire in UK
How To Apply For Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023
Follow these steps to apply for Erasmus Mundus scholarship;
- Visit the Erasmus Mundus webpage.
- Then navigate to the Erasmus Mundus catalog by scrolling down. The title and locations of each program will be displayed.
- You are then advised to get in touch with the consortium directly (by clicking on the “contact project person” button) to learn more about the courses, the application process, and the availability of scholarships.
The last date for application submission is anticipated to be in March 2023, though the deadline for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship application may vary depending on the program you apply to.