The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) was created in 1921. It was established by Charles F. Seymour. The California Scholarship Foundation (CSF) is particularly after academically talented California residents.
You may also like Chinese Government Scholarship 2023- Fully Funded
About The California Scholarship Federation
The California scholarship federation is a nonprofit organization to recognize and promotes academic excellence and volunteerism among middle and high school students in California.
Furthermore, In middle and high schools across the state, there are roughly 1500 chapters, and each chapter is made up of members who meet the eligibility standards. A staff adviser is in charge of each chapter.
Also, Applicants who meet the requirements can join based on the grades on their report cards. Membership drives hold each semester at specific times that are set forth by State laws.
Membership is for one semester.
Annual conferences are held, and students receive prizes for their academic success and volunteer work.
See also Fulbright Scholarship For International Students- Fully Funded
The California Scholarship Federation Benefit
Members of the California Scholarship Federation are in particular eligible for a range of tuition scholarships offered at colleges and universities around the state and in a few select institutions nationwide.
In addition, regional subcommittees may propose several members for Life Membership based on their moral integrity, leadership capacity, and volunteerism.
Then, each of these students will get $2,000 in compensation. Additionally, 5 students will each get an additional $3,000 from CSF to help with their college expenses.
The group continues to support students academically by enticing them into doing their communities by performing volunteer work.
Read also, The Chevening scholarship For international students 2023
To be eligible for this program, you must;
- Earn a minimum of 10 CSF points from the previous semester’s grades.
- Use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
- No CSF points are awarded for physical education. Nevertheless, courses related to the topic are taken. Subjects are retaken to improve a grade, and courses involving school services, such as Teacher’s Assistant are offered.
- CSF points are awarded in the following ways:
Regardless of whether it is an Honors or AP course, A=3CSFpoints, B=1CSFpoint, and C=0 CSF points.
- But if you receive an A or B in an AP or Honors course, you’ll get an extra point; you can get a maximum of two of them every semester.
- Additionally, you are automatically disqualified from CSF membership for that semester if you receive a D or F in any course, even if it is not one you can use to qualify.
Click here to visit their official website for more information and how to apply for The California scholarship federation