Through an International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Australia, the School of Physics is offering you the opportunity to advance your career in Experimental Atomic Physics.
Students from all around the world can apply for the award program if they want to study postdoctoral research at the University of Melbourne Parkville campus. The initiative aims to conduct cutting-edge experimental research on ultracold atomic physics.
The University of Melbourne, founded in 1853, is a public-spirited university that makes significant contributions to society via research, learning, teaching, and engagement. It enrolls over 9,700 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students and offers a variety of undergraduate, honors, graduate, and research degrees.
Why are you studying at the University of Melbourne? Students at this university will receive a world-class education as well as professional prospects in a safe and inviting atmosphere. Away from academics, they have numerous opportunities to unwind and have fun.
The studentship will provide the salary for level A: $72,083- $97,812 p.a. (PhD entry level – $91,125 p.a.) and level B: $102,967- $122,268 p.a.
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Research
- Application Deadline: April 26, 2020
- University: University of Melbourne
- Department: School of Physics
- Award: $102,967 – $122,268
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic & International applicants
- The award can be taken in Australia
International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Experimental Atomic Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A Ph.D. (or close to completion of a Ph.D.) in a relevant area of atomic, molecular, and optical physics, with tunable laser experience.
- A demonstrated aptitude for research, with a sound publication record in relevant areas, commensurate with experience and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines and bring projects to timely completion.
- Excellent processing and analysis of experimental image data skills.
- Demonstrated achievement in research supervision.
- High level of computer literacy and experience.
- Experience with laboratory data acquisition hardware; in particular, the ability to create control interfaces with Python and Labview.
Read also, UCW L.O.V.E. Canada Undergraduate Funding
- How to Apply for the International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship: In order to apply for this opportunity, online applications are preferred. Go to, under ‘Job Search and Job Alerts’, select the relevant option (‘Current Staff’ or ‘Prospective Staff’), then find the position by title or number.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit copies of academic transcripts, degree certificates, and curriculum vitae (CV) in support of their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of this university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.