Candidates who want to study in Canada frequently have IELTS on file. IELTS is not a necessity for studying in Canada. One of the questions this article will address is (Is it completely impossible to study in Canada without IELTS?). International students are increasingly choosing Canada as their study abroad destination, however, some are unable to enroll there due to IELTS restrictions.
The term “International English Language Testing System” is an acronym. It is an internationally recognized exam of a candidate’s English language skills. The British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge Assessment English work together to oversee IELTS. It was started back in 1989.
Check this also:
- The University of Winchester Scholarship Award 2022
- University of Cambridge Gates Scholarships in 2022 – Apply Now
- University of Maine Scholarship
- Clarendon Fund Scholarships at University of Oxford – How to Apply
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is typically required of applicants hoping to study abroad, particularly in Canada. Today, many Canadian universities no longer require IELTS testing. In addition to the IELTS being expensive, candidates must work extremely hard to pass it.
If you wish to attend school without having an IELTS score, you can carefully select Canadian universities that do not require IELTS as a requirement. Read more about it here.
How To Study In Canada Without IELTS
Applicants can study peacefully in Canada without IELTS in 2019. This existed prior to 2019. Candidates who wanted to pursue a degree in 2019 had to think about other options besides taking the IELTS exam. This article will outline additional options the candidate may consider.
Whether or not a person has IELTS, they are still able to pursue their education in Canada. The requirements to study in Canada without taking the IELTS are as follows:
- The candidate can apply to study in some universities in Canada where IELTS is not compulsory for admission.
- Some universities in Canada will admit any aspiring candidate provided the person produces a letter of recommendation from his or her previous faculties regarding his or her English proficiency.
– Many universities in Canada can accept other forms of English proficiency credentials apart from IELTS.
Alternative English Mastery proof for studying in Canada aside IELTS
In many Canadian universities, you can be admitted if:
- You have studied in an English medium university for four or more than four years.
- You are a native of English speaking country.
- You have attended the university’s language class for at least a semester or a year.
Top Canadian Universities That Don’t Require IELTS
Some of the requirements for not needing IELTS scores to study in Canada include that the applicant is either a native English speaker or a student from a non-English speaking nation who has completed three or more years of formal degree education in English.
Additionally, students who pass the O-level or A-level exams are excluded from taking the IELTS exam.
Each university has its own set of requirements and exemption criteria for demonstrating an applicant’s English language competency.
The entire list of Canadian universities that you can attend even if you haven’t taken the IELTS exam is provided below.
- Carleton university
- Brock university
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Regina
- Concordia university
- Memorial university
Conditional admission is permitted at certain of the aforementioned institutions (like the candidate might have to do extra language courses while studying). More details regarding studying in Canada without taking an English language test are available.
Will failing to provide IELTS or TOEFL scores result in visa issues?
In addition to allowing international students to study at Canadian universities, new laws on student visas also grant them some freedom to work. For instance, prospective students today must demonstrate their enrolment in a college that accepts international students, as opposed to the past when they merely needed to demonstrate their plan to study in Canada.
In the past, no aspiring candidate will study in Canada without having IELTS. Nowadays, the story has changed. You can be admitted to some Canadian universities provided you have other criteria they may require.