The Google AI Residency Program 2020 for Young Graduates is a 12-month research training role designed to jumpstart or advance your career in machine learning research. The goal of the residency is to help residents become productive and successful AI researchers.
Google AI Residency Program Details
The residency program is similar to spending a year in a Master’s or PhD program in machine learning. Residents are expected to read papers, work on research projects, and encouraged to publish in top-tier venues. By the end of the program, residents are expected to gain significant research experience in machine learning.
Google AI Residents will spend the first several weeks of the program attending Google Orientation sessions and learning how research is conducted at Google by completing AI Residency curriculum and through direct collaboration with their assigned Orientation Mentor and other researchers. Each resident will then be assigned a short project to be completed within two weeks, during which longer term project and mentor assignments will take place in tandem.
We created the Google Brain Residency Program in 2015, and we are now expanding it into a broader program that involves not just the Google Brain team, but a broader group of research teams doing machine learning research.
Residents will have the opportunity to do everything from conducting fundamental research to contributing to products and services used by millions of people. We encourage our Residents to publish their work externally.
We are looking for people who want to learn to conduct machine learning research in collaboration with our researchers.
You may have research experience in another field (e.g. mathematics, physics, bioinformatics, etc.) and want to apply machine learning to this area, or you may have limited research experience but, a desire to do more. Of course having machine learning research experience is great.
Before you proceed on reading you might want to check out;
- Fully-Funded PhD Imperial College Scholarships 2021/2022
- Latin American Taught Scholarship 2022/2023, Cranfield university
- Enroll For Lipscomb University Pathways Scholarship In US
Google AI Residency Program 2020 for Young Graduates Eligibility
- Applicants should have a BS degree or equivalent practical experience in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Biology, Economics or other disciplines.
- Experience with coding in Python, C/C++, or Java.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI techniques (e.g. open source project(s), campus lab experience, research internship(s), or publication(s)).
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across multiple teams (in a multi-disciplinary environment)
- Passion for the field of Machine Learning Research
Google AI Residency Program Responsibilities
- Work with research mentors to formulate research project(s) and/or novel application(s) of machine learning.
- Learn and understand a large body of research in machine learning algorithms.
- Implement algorithms, experiments and/or human-computer interfaces using frameworks such as TensorFlow.
- Conduct research and publish it across various venues.
- Collaborate across the team and wider organization and Research community.
How to Apply for Google AI Residency Program 2020 for Young Graduates
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Applications are open from October 21, 2019 to December 19, 2019, but we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Visit g.co/airesidency/apply to apply.
- Interviews (phone and video) will begin in December on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- Program start dates for 2020 will be between June and October. Exact dates are yet to be finalized.