About Oxford University
The University of Oxford is located in Oxford. England with over 22,000 students; 11,772 are undergraduate students, while 9859 are graduate students. 62% of grad students come from outside the United Kingdom. It was established in 1906 and it’s most known for its humanities and law courses.
The University of Oxford is regarded as one of the World’s leading academic institutions with over 30 independent colleges and 6 permanent private halls. the Oppenheimer Fund Scholarship at the University of Oxford is designed for South African students to pursue a graduate degree in the university.
Check this also: The University of East London UNICAF scholarship
Clarendon Fund Scholarships at Oxford University 2022/23
Oxford University not only offers over 170 new, fully-funded scholarships each year to assist outstanding graduate scholars, but offers the opportunity to join one of the most active, highly international, and multidisciplinary communities at Oxford.
Clarendon Fund Scholarship at Oxford University is for international students who have previously studied to pursue a graduate degree at Oxford Universities. The University of Oxford invites applications for Clarendon Fund Scholarship at Oxford University 2022 particularly reserved for graduates from any South African University.
About the Clarendon Fund Partnership Awards
Clarendon has many valued partners throughout Oxford and beyond, who through their generous support, enable her to fund as many as 40 additional scholarships each year.
The Clarendon Fund works in collaboration with a range of other funders, including colleges, academic departments and divisions, University trust funds, and external organizations whose generous contributions help fund additional scholarships by allowing us to spread the costs between multiple sources.
In the 2021-22 cohort, Clarendon collaborated with over 170 partnership awards providing an additional £5.3m to support new scholars. Every year, the majority of Clarendon scholars are funded by Clarendon and one or more of our partners. In 2021-22, 63% of the cohort received a college partnership award (and another 13% of the cohort had college partnership awards arranged separately from their Clarendon Scholarship).
After acceptance of a Clarendon scholarship, the process of creating tailored funding packages begins. The Clarendon Fund Administrator will review and match new scholars with suitable partnership awards depending on eligibility requirements.
No further information will be required of candidates to be considered for these awards. Some scholars may need to transfer colleges to take up a partnership award, however, this will be handled by the Clarendon Fund Administrator by liaising with the colleges as required.
During this period, the scholarship is secure and we guarantee that the total value of the award will not decrease as a result of the inclusion of any partnership awards. The majority of scholars will receive some form of partnership funding and most will have a funding package unique to them.
Awards comprising partnership funding are also co-named, to recognize the partner’s contribution. Once the funding package is confirmed, applicants will be sent a Clarendon funding breakdown letter (aka a’CB2′) outlining the funding arrangements.
You can check this also: The University of Winchester Scholarship Award 2022
Why choose Clarendon?
- Upon application for Clarendon full-time or part-time Master’s or DPhil at Oxford, You will be automatically considered if you apply by the relevant January deadline for your course. You do not need to submit a separate application.
- They offer fully-funded scholarships covering course fees, as well as a commission for living expenses.
- No restrictions on nationality, ordinary residence, or field of study. All full-time and part-time DPhil and Master’s courses are eligible.
- Clarendon scholars are selected for their outstanding academic merit and potential.
- Clarendon scholarships are highly competitive.
For further information on the deadlines for your chosen course, please see the relevant course Information for applicants page.
How to apply
- To apply for the oxford university Clarendon scholarship 2022, here are the steps to follow:
- Apply for a full-time or part-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford by the January deadline for your course,
- Automatic consideration for a Clarendon Scholarship will be given to you, that is, you will be automatically placed among the applicants who will be considered for this scholarship.
- You do not need to submit any additional documents specifically for the Clarendon Scholarships, that is, there is no separate scholarship application form.
- It is essential to note that you need to apply before the January deadline (7 or 21 January 2022) for your course if you wish to be considered for the scholarship.