The Chinese Government scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This opportunity cuts across all levels of study from undergraduate degrees up to PhDs.
About 280 Chinese universities and more provide this award for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. studies.
In addition, this scholarship includes housing, fundamental health insurance, and a monthly stipend of up to 3500 Yuan benefits.
About the Chinese Government Scholarship
The Chinese government scholarship was created by the Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) . This funding from the Chinese Government help assist Chinese universities in finding exceptional full-time master’s and doctorate international students for graduate study in China.
The Chinese Government scholarship aims to advance cooperation and understanding between China and other nations.
Furthermore, it aim at enhancing cooperation through education, culture, trade, and political and educational exchanges. In addition, All nations of the world’s international students are eligible to apply.
The benefits you will get from successfully applying for this scholarship include;
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation
- Medical insurance coverage
- CNY700/month for master’s students
- CNY 1000/month for doctoral students (2020 rate)
- Free entrepreneurial startups opportunity
- Also, beneficiaries can also apply for permanent residence
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria or in multiple cases, fulfill one of the criteria on the list;
- You must be a foreign student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Must not own another scholarship given out by the Chinese government or any delegations representing it.
- You must be under any of the Age Requirement Minimum:
Undergraduate students must be older than 25 years of age, graduate students cannot be older than 35 years of age. The age requirement for a Ph.D. is 40 years.
- Minimum requirements for undergraduate students are a Higher Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, and a Bachelor’s Degree for master’s degree candidates.
And a master’s degree is required for a doctorate.
You may also like The Erasmus mundus Scholarship 2023
How To Apply For The Chinese Government Scholarship
Below are the steps on how to apply for this scholarship
- Application Period: Each year, between January and April, applications are accepted for the CSC Scholarship. There are several deadlines set by a few accredited institutions or colleges. The deadline for the universities of your choice should be checked.
- The CSC Scholarship application must first be submitted online (in English or Chinese). Three institutions accept applications with this CSC portal account. Click here to submit application online.
- Also, you will be prompted to select the type of scholarship (A, B, or C) and the number of authorized agencies or universities at the start of the online application process.
- Once you have finished filling out the online form for the Chinese Government Scholarship, you must attach the necessary PDF documents (list is given below).
- Download the application after submitting your online Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Here, choose the Chinese University and Program.
- Verify whether or not the Chinese University of your choosing demands an online application for admission in addition to an application for a Chinese Government Scholarship.
- If the university requires an online application, submit this application together with your Chinese Government Scholarship application via the university’s website.
- Create two sets of the required documents from the list below, and send them to the university’s address.
Also, you can visit the official website here