The American University Emerging Global Leader scholarship is set to give international students the opportunity to step u their game in the international level.
The American university EGL scholarship will cover all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa to study in the United States
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
Also, they aim at bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
About American University
American University is a student-centered research institution located in Washington, DC, with highly-ranked schools and colleges, internationally-renowned faculty, and a reputation for creating meaningful change in the world.
Similarly, the students distinguish themselves for their service, leadership, and ability to rethink global and domestic challenges and opportunities.
The University is a Methodist-affiliated institution chartered by Congress in 1893. An answer to George Washington’s call to create a national university in the nation’s capital,
Subsequently, the institution was designed to train public servants for the future, a vision it still holds to this day.
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher.
- Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2022.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, follow the steps listed below
- Complete the online AU EGLS application.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form (each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000).
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English, PTE, or Cambridge Assessment English Test score results by December 15, 2021 at the latest.
- Please have official English proficiency score reports sent directly to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2021, or by January 15, 2022 at the latest.
- Please note that preliminary AU EGLS application packet must include a bank letter confirming a minimum of US$4,000 (not US$70,464).
- Students who do not submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you if apply through a program supported by EducationUSA or if you are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser to confirm your candidacy.
- You may request for the letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships.
- However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$70,464 (estimated costs for first year of study).
- Zoom interviews and additional essay submissions is required for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to apply